WHO WE ARE
Mr. Michael Teshome regularly practices in the areas of arbitration, company law, mining & oil contracts, Merger and Acquisition (M&A).
Mr. Michael co-authored and published the first book to be written in Amharic on Ethiopian Arbitration Law. Learn More
Mr. Michael has taken extensive training on international arbitration, wrote articles extensively about Ethiopian arbitration law:
- Immediate Appeal in Ethiopian Arbitration Law,
- The Chromalloy Syndrome: Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards,
- Interim measures of protection in international commercial arbitration in Ethiopia,
- appeal and arbitration under Ethiopia’s arbitration law,
- Period of limitation, Lapse of Mortgage vs Article 3058 of the Civil Code,
- Article 2121 of the Civil Code vs anti-suit or anti-arbitration injunction in Ethiopian arbitration law
- Arbitration in Ethiopia: law and practice,
- Whose interest should arbitrator serve first? Ethiopian perspective,
- Arbitration and Ethiopian National Courts.
In 2012, Michael took part in the 2nd annual CESL international commercial arbitration moot court competition & secured a third place.In addition, Mr. Michael advises clients on investment law, tax law and land law. Let our trusted advice, well founded experience and international exposure guide you and your business towards success and profit.
Your satisfaction is our signature.
Brief Legal Experience of Michael
- Taught Business Law and Constitutional Law on part time basis in Alpha University.
- Worked in Federal Ministry of Health Legal Department and took care of insurance and contract matters.
- Worked in Tadesse Kiros Law Office.
Training Michael gave
- Recognition and Enforcement of Foreign Arbitral Awards in Ethiopia, October 2016 at Ethiopian Bar Association.
- LLB degree from Mekelle University Law Faculty.
- LLM from China-EU School of Law /CESL/.
Training Michael took
- Intensive training on International Arbitration Organized by BonelliErede Law Firm, Addis Ababa University Law Faculty, Tameru Wondemagegnhu Law Office.
- Arbitration in Ethiopia, East Africa and Beyond: Prospects, Challenges and Possibilities- Organized by ICC, Mehretab Leul Law Office and DLA Piper Law Firm.